Welcome!

Trying to Live a Life that is Full - and sometimes writing about it ad nauseam.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

One is the Lonliest Number

Yesterday Brian left for the Netherlands on a work-related trip to visit Da-Lite's sister company, Projecta. He was scheduled to spend today in Amsterdam being a tourist and then hopping on a train on Monday to Weert to visit Projecta. I'm so happy for him that he's going to experience Europe and a different culture. (Never mind that I booked a trip to Italy just two weeks prior to finding out about this trip so that Brian could experience Europe and then he goes and takes off for the Netherlands.)

I dropped him off at Da-Lite yesterday at 4:00 p.m. and on the way home I had this wonderful feeling come over me. A feeling of total freedom for five days, of completely selfish "Lisa" time. Ahhhhhhh!

Immediately this feeling was followed by guilt and worry. What if by feeling happy about my vacation in solitude I cause his plane to crash and he dies? I only want five days alone, not a life-time. Is that so wrong? I'm sure I'll be really ready for him to come home at the end of that time and I immensely enjoy the time we spend together. But if his plane went down I was going to feel really bad. So, I was quite relieved to get his phone call this afternoon saying that he had arrived safely and was having a wonderful time. Phew!

So now I have begun enjoying my alone time. Knitting and surfing the net and cooking very little and keeping my house tidy and not sharing the bathroom on a Sunday morning and watching only what I want on TV. Bliss.



No comments: