Welcome!

Trying to Live a Life that is Full - and sometimes writing about it ad nauseam.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Where Did January Go?


Basically for the month of January, I hibernated. I slept a lot, watched a lot of movies snuggled under blankets, and, oh yeah, I knit a lot. In fact I knit instead of blogging...or reading, or checking email, or reconciling my checkbook, or talking to Brian, or cleaning, etc...

I think one could say it has become an addiction. I've even signed up for a social networking knit and crochet site, Ravelry. Brian called it my "one true love" last night. But it's a productive true love.


Here are some of the things I've created:


London Beanie for Brian that is just a little too small for him.
:(

Approximately 20 pairs of the classic Grandma Troyer Slippers knit in two months. This one is for a Bears fan.

My first sock. It wasn't even that scary. Okay, it was a little scary. And I still need to make the second one...


Fiddlehead Mittens. This was such a fun project. I took a class to make these and they have a cozy alpaca lining. Mmmmm. But I am not going to lie. I am not very functional while wearing these. I have dropped many things while wearing them, one was a large cup of Mountain Dew in our car. Oh well.
I'm currently trying to gear up for some other projects but for now I'm taking a little break and knitting a dishcloth.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Oh dear, I'm afraid your obsession is more constructive than my obsession. Mine sits me at a computer for hours, surfing the web for info and graphics = powerpoint presentations. If it was really asked for, needed, and anyone ever paid attention to them, that would be one thing. But I just like to do it, and have one running whether people look at it or not. At least yours keep something warm. Even if it does make you spill Mountain Dew in your car.

Anonymous said...

socks! what a great idea. i want to learn to knit immediately!

The Chandler's said...

Love all of the projects! Am even a loittel bit jealous of the obvious enjoyment and dedication you have to your craft...I love socks so I guess now I need to learn!!!