Welcome!

Trying to Live a Life that is Full - and sometimes writing about it ad nauseam.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Friday Brian and I went grocery shopping.  We didn't intend to.  We had two things on our list: creamer and toothpaste.  200 dollars later, we exited the store.  We only took in one shopping bag with us.  (The bag boy asked if it had been our intention to fit everything into that one bag.  Smart*&@.)  But it was SO LONG overdue.  We'd been scraping by on stale crackers and moldy cheese.  (Maybe it wasn't quite that dire.)  But we were tending towards eating out way too much again because there just wasn't much in the house to work with.  So we stocked up in order to nip it in the bud. 

I came up with this plan of eating chicken wings and watching the Olympics for our Friday night entertainment.  And of course, I didn't want to buy pre-made chicken wings (virtually the same as eating out plus all the bogus preservatives and fillers).  I resolved to make my own.  And I did.  And they tasted AMAZING!  I fried them myself.  I made my own Buffalo wing sauce AND I made my own ranch dressing.  I turned all Betty Crocker and crap.

Saturday morning Brian and I got up and the conversation that ensued went something like this.

Brian: "Do you remember those AWESOME wings you made last night?  They were so delicious." 

Lisa: Blushing with pride but trying to be humble "Well I did fry them in peanut oil.  Peanut oil makes everything delicious." 

Brian:  "It didn't hurt that we covered them in butter then." 

Lisa:  "Ooh.  There was a whole stick of butter in that sauce wasn't there?  So we fried the chicken in peanut oil and then covered them in butter?!?!?!?!"

Brian: "And then we dipped them in a cup of mayonnaise."  The ranch dressing contained much mayo.

Then there was an exchange of horrified looks followed by crazed laughter. 

Brian:  "I guess we better go work out today, huh?"

So we probably would have been better off going to McDonald's and eating three Big Mac's with extra special sauce. 

But those wings tasted MIGHTY fine!

No comments: