Welcome!

Trying to Live a Life that is Full - and sometimes writing about it ad nauseam.

Monday, April 26, 2010

SUCCESS!

I am happy to report that I finally found canned pumpkin!

Wednesday on my lunch break in Nappanee I headed to Martin's (their very fancy grocery store).

They DID NOT have pumpkin.

And when I told the lady at the cash register what I was going through...she absolutely did not care.  She was polite, but she didn't care.

So I went to Rite Choice across the street.  It's a discount grocery so they carry odd items and don't give you a bag.  I walked to the pie filling section and needless to say there was no pumpkin to be found.  I had to walk down a differnet aisle to leave the store...and there, sitting all by itself on a bottom shelf (cue the heavens opening up and the angels singing) WAS A CASE OF CANNED PUMPKIN! 

It took all the willpower I posess not to grab that entire case and walk to the register.  But I didn't.  I very demurely picked up two large cans.

I wanted to tell the gentleman ringing up my purchase about my pumpkin story.  After all, I wanted to share my joy with the world.  But considering the disinterest of the previous cashier, I kept my victory to myself.

But the cupcakes...I shared the cupcakes.  But I made a double batch, so mostly they're just for me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As a lucky individual that you shared with, it was sooo good!! Thanks!!