Welcome!

Trying to Live a Life that is Full - and sometimes writing about it ad nauseam.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Pretty Much the Grossest Day in Indiana History


It's disgusting out. Absolutely disgusting.


Brian is working late because of inventory (perhaps until 9:00). It's a Friday. What is one to do with a day like today?

Well, I stopped at the yarn store and the library. You can figure out the rest.

Recently Brian took a mancation to Las Vegas. He was gone from a Thursday afternoon to a Sunday afternoon. While I didn't plan on pining away, missing my beloved, I certainly didn't plan on having the most wonderful three days in my recent history. I didn't have any plans and I didn't have to work and this is how the weekend went:

Thursday Night: Made popcorn, a pitcher of __________ (fill in the blank with your favorite beverage), finished my book, took a bath, went to bed.
Friday: Slept in. Discovered Sirius Radio "Coffee House Blend" which became the soundtrack for my vacation in solitude. Drank much coffee in pajamas. Did the dishes, cleaned out my car, blogged, emailed. Watched "Phantom of the Opera." Took a bath, went to bed.
Saturday: Slept in. Drank much coffee in pajamas. Cleaned the house while my Coffee House Blend soothed me. Started a book. Took a bath. Knit. Watched what I wanted on TV. Ran to the store for food. (The trip took only 10 minutes but I found the contact with civilization to be quite jarring.) Watched a movie. Went to bed.
Sunday: Went to church. Came home and inhaled my last few minutes of alone time. Picked Brian up from the airport.
It was like I had been on a spa vacation. I was completely relaxed and rejuvenated. And I was extremely happy to see Brian. But oh, that time alone was good. Although, it does worry me that I simply will not leave the house for one minute unless I have no choice. I fear without Brian, I may become a hermit. (I actually think it was just a nice change of pace. I'm sure a week of that would have made me stir-crazy. I think I'm sure.)
So tonight? I'm getting ready right now to fire up my Coffee House Blend and light a candle.

No comments: