Welcome!

Trying to Live a Life that is Full - and sometimes writing about it ad nauseam.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

oh the humanity

The entry below is copied and pasted from an email exchange Brian and I had earlier today. I need to preface the story by telling you that our youth group is coming to our house tonight. I decided I needed to finish editing the video of our summer trip to Denver so that we could view it tonight...but our video editing software makes me want to stab my leg with a blunt object. (Some of you already know that.) So it's a long a laborious process. I also decided that I should make 50 different options of snacks - which the kids probably won't even like because they only seem to fancy pizza rolls and plain cheese pizza. So that put me way behind schedule-wise.

Also, the story below clearly shows that I am in danger of my life everytime I sit down to blog. Be aware that this is a high risk behavior.




From: Lisa Showalter
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:16
To: Brian Showalter
Subject: Oh the humanity
Did you happen to see the computer room this morning?



From: Brian Showalter
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:18
To: Lisa Showalter
Subject: Re: Oh the humanity

What happened?! Cat/Dog poo... vomit...

From: Lisa Showalter
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:35
To: Brian Showalter
Subject: Re: Oh the humanity


(i'm going to see if i can write this email without using any caps.)

you didn't see it?!?!?!?!

you may have noticed how there were flip flops sitting at the entrance to the office. or you may not have because you're not always really observant. the flip flops are there in case entry to the room is desired, entry to the room without getting involved in a bloody mess that is.

this morning, somewhere between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 3:15 a.m., i was sitting there minding my own business, reading whole chapters of my book in the time it took for a new window to open up on the computer, when suddenly there was a loud popping noise, and then a crazy crack/shatter sound. basically, the light fixture exploded. all over the flippin' place. i put a flourescent bulb in this weekend. evidently it gets too hot in the enclosed light sconce. hmm. explosion. it's nothing short of a miracle that it didn't happen while a student was sitting at my piano, or that bunzy or the cats weren't laying there, or that nothing in the room was hurt (i don't even think it scratched the piano or the bench), or that i didn't end up with a glass shard the size of a manatee in my eyeball. i continued working. that's how i roll.

the video finished moments before i left the house this morning at 9:20. (I started the recording at 3:20ish) i didn't have time to test it. it better stinking work.

i hope you come home with lots of energy to get stuff done because i didn't get to sleep until 4 a.m. and i'm running a little low on energy (thus the "no caps" - too much effort).

now tell me a story.



So, far no response has been forthcoming from the sleeping beauty who missed my brush with the grim reaper. Also, I'm hoping he'll clean up the glass when he gets home.

No comments: