Welcome!

Trying to Live a Life that is Full - and sometimes writing about it ad nauseam.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

To Everyone who Rejected My Pizza

(Original Myspace Post Date: June 23, 2007)

Friday night Brian and I decided to enjoy a quiet night at home. Instead of going out to eat, we began working on home-made pizza. Mmmm....my favorite. It takes a long time but it's so much fun and I even have a special pizza making song that Brian and I sing together while working. (I know that sounds dorky, but I actually have quite a few "special" songs I sing around the house.)

1. Dan calls. They're not doing anything. I say, "come on over, we're making pizza!" Naw, he can't come over. He has to mow his grampa's lawn. Sounds like a lame excuse to me.
2. We call Brian's parents to chat about something. I yell at Brian, "tell them to come over for supper. We're making pizza!" I don't even think they entertained the notion. We clearly said it wouldn't be ready for at least two hours giving them plenty of time to get here. Rejection. (To their credit, they live two hours from our house. Still, how often do I invite them for supper?)
3. My mom calls. I say, "Come on over. We're making pizza!" She says thanks, but they're just too tired. I'M OFFERING TO GIVE THEM SUPPER! So I tell her that she is now the third person to reject our pizza. My own mother who bore me from her loins! She turns to my dad and says, "Lisa asked if we want to come over for pizza." I here his low, gruff, voice in the background go, "NOOO000ooo," as if I had asked if they wanted to join us at a Metallica concert. Thus making four people to reject my pizza. (Fine, to their credit, they had just arrived home from Minnesota about a half hour before calling.)

So Brian and I ate our pizza...alone. And it was really good! But am I hurt? Well, just a little.

No comments: